Studying IT programming at Sundsgården Folkhögskola
Beyond just theory and practice we will at times have guest lecturers. Guest lectures include IKEA, among others. We follow a syllabus with different modules where we work individually, in teams, and as a whole class depending on the course content. Majority of the course will be online. By the end of the course the participants will have the skills and knowledge required to create a portfolio that showcases several of the projects created throughout the course.
Prior Knowledge and Requirements
This is a post High School course. Having graduated from High School or equivalent is a requirement. Good understanding of English is required since the course will be taught in English. Prior knowledge in IT programming and/or web design is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Degree and Certificate
After completion and passing the course, participants will receive a certificate of course completion.
- Modern design libraries
- Modern frameworks
- Visual Studios Code
- Programming techniques
- Agile work
5 months fulltime studies.
19/8 2024 – 10/1 2025
Mandatory physical meeting at Sundsgårdens Folkhögskola on the first and last day of the course.
Autumn break week 44
Course cost per semester is 1730 SEK for participants to help cover expenses for guest lecturers and course materials. The cost for personal travel and accommodation to and from the school during the two physical meetings will be an additional cost to each participant that is not covered by the course fee.
Student Aid (CSN)
Course participants are eligible for student aid and loans from CSN. Participants need to contact CSN themselves.
Michelle Andersson, Course Coordinator
Admission Conditions and Requirements
- You are proficient in English, equivalent to High School level English since the course is taught in English.
- You are proficient in using a computer.
- All applicants will be asked to complete an admissions assignment as part of their application.
- Applicants who meet these requirements will be called to an admissions interview.
- In the admission interview, an assessment is made of your ability to pass the course in terms of computer skills, English language skills, and motivation to complete the studies.
If a selection must be made, it is based on an overall assessment of how the admission assignment was solved, as well as an assessment of study ability based on the interview.